Thread: Mallorca coast

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mallorca coast

Attached Images Attached Images

From an evening in the island of Mallorca - Spain.

Techs:
    Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm, tripod.
    f/16, ISO200, B+W circ-pol, 2 exposures blend - one for sky and one for the rest.

Critiques welcome.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kalushik, Nice use of HDR technique giving you a good exposure blend without looking contrived. The beautiful lighting and soft waterflow is very appealing along with an interesting sky.
    The use of the rock ledge as a leading line is also very effective even though it's centered.
    I like the image very much but was wondering if a small touch of lightening the foreground might be effective.(not much) Well handled...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on the fine image. I agree with Dave's comments. At first I had
    wished that the water flowed around the front edge, but then I noticed how interesting
    the sky was, realized it would have been lost if it was even possible to get the bottom of the land
    structure, and got over it!

Robert Amoruso

Kaushik,

I think the composition is effect w/o including the tip of the bottom FG rock but I am wondering did you do a composition w/the FG rock tip included and if so can you post it for comparison.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all for the comments.

@Robert: Unfortunately I do not have any frames which includes more of the very bottom. However, I do have a frame which excludes it completely and starts from the puddle (seen in the center of the current frame) ahead of this one. I shall share that in couple of days.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Kaushik,
    Just got back to NJ....so a little late and can't add much to the FG discussion. While I too may have wanted it all in.....this was very nicely composed with sweet light and a great sky! Great job on the blend too!