Thread: Rooftop at La Pedrera, Barcelona

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Rooftop at La Pedrera, Barcelona

Attached Images Attached Images

La Pedrera is considered to be one of the best creations by Antoni Gaudi. I decided to create a tight comp here. 40D. 100 f/2 at f/11. iso 320.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Mil%C3%A0

All C&C welcome.

Robert Amoruso

Good use of the repeating patterns.

I tried a local contrast enhancement and liked the results (more here on the method if you do know it http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ad.php?t=20434).

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thx Robert. I will try that. I came back from that trip with so many shots(architecture and family) that I did not really process them as carefully as I usually do my bird shots. One of these days, when I get the time, I need to sit with some of the better ones and reprocess the RAW files.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Kaustubh,
    I think you have some excellent light here that really shows off the details in the stone. Amazing building and story (Thanks for the link!). I think you chose the right path here.....instead of capturing the entire building....which IMO would be difficult......focusing on some of the structure makes a nice architectual abstract. I did debate the 2 cut tips on the left......whether I want it included.....I do think it may have improved it somewhat but I also think you can go to a pano also. Just some thoughts for you when you try to reprocess.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thx Roman for the feedback. I made a lot of images on that rooftop :-) One can spend a whole day there I think...but I had only an hr. I had 17-40f4L, 50f1.8 and 100f2. But my favorite is this tight one. Liked the compression effect of 100mm focal length.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for sharing, fascinating piece of detail, I can understand why you could spend a long time.

Tim

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kaustubh, Just spent a week in Chicago shooting architecture and had to reprogram my brain since I don't usually shoot skyscrapers. I found it challenging.
    Gaudi is all over Barcelona and you did a nice job making a composition out of a smaller part of a whole. The image also has warm light, good detail and flowing in a diagonal.
    I generally would have tried not to clip the the tips of the 2 rear formations. This also would of added a bit more blue sky which would not have been overdone...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thx Tim and Dave.