Thread: Summer Visions of the Great Smoky Mountains

Michael Pancier

Default Summer Visions of the Great Smoky Mountains

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Nice job!
    I visit the Smokies frequently and especially enjoy Cades Cove, Tremont and Cataloochee.
    The "Ken Burns" effect is nice on the stills. Some of your video is pretty shaky, however.

Michael Pancier

Most of the video is shot with iphone or Canon HV30. my wife usually mans the video camera when I'm shooting stills. need to get her a tripod....

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd like to see a lot less zoom action and much slower pans. Loved the bear at 1:48 and awesome job on the audio.

Michael Pancier

Thanks Jim, eventually I'll get the right balance for doing the multimedia thing. Maybe I'll get a flip HDVR which is small and can take it with me so I don't have to rely on others ;-D

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael,
    I like the overall presentation here...I would have liked a slower zoom on your intro images as the music has a slower tempo that the images would benefit from following... some of your transitions work great and some I would change. I have been experimenting with my 5D MKII and still need some research before I post anything. At least you have dove in and put some nice video / stills together. I'm just curious as to why you are not using your 5D or 7D for Video?

Jerry

Michael Pancier

Jerry, I use the 7d for video when I have the lens attached. It is so easy to go from stills to video on that camera. On the 5d Mark II, it is a pain, and I get frustrated going through menus. I sometimes use the g10, my iphone, or a hv30 for video. If there was a one button switch on the 5d mark II, I guess I'd use it more.