Thread: Bee eaters

Hillebrand Breuker

Default Bee eaters

Attached Images Attached Images

This is another picture I made in Hungary. Those bee eaters are the most amazing birds I have ever seen in real life. Their colors, but also their sound is just addictive......

20D, 500/4 IS+1.4tc, is 200, F5.6, 1/1000s, G1325 tripod with sidekick and a hide

Cheers

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a lovely country it should be:D
    Very nice unique shot. I would like to see a vertical crop of it with 5:4 or 3:2 ratio. :)
    Szimi

Alfred Forns

What a sweet image !!!! A hat trick !!!! Might tighten the image a bit? Man if that lower left bird had its head turned a bit can only imagine Big Congrats Like it a lot !!!

Michael Sowden

I am normally not a fan of square cropped photos, but in this case it works great. A fine image all round.

Mike

Axel Hildebrandt

Great image! I agree with Al's comments and would add that the BG looks a bit noisy.

Ivan Miksik

Yes, it's great image and lovely composition!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is quite elegant and the light is lovely. Compositions with three birds are extremely tricky; you have done quite well here. In a dream world the left-most bird would have turned a bit more towards you like his more cooperative neighbors.

Welcome to BPN. And later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Maxis Gamez

Hello and welcome.

What a lovely image, the composition, details and colors are wonderful. I can only imagine how hard would be to all all birds looking in one direction.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I enjoy just about everything in this image. The colours on these birds are wonderful.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done great compostion a beautiful image....

Jack Rogers

Beautiful birds and to get three in one shot, way cool! Don't care much for square crops normally but I think it's perfect here.

Jack

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is one of the best images I jhave had the pleasure of veiwing. You really have to pick to find an error in this shot, and that would only be the qct of God to get the bird on the left to turn. Just fantastic!!

Jody Melanson

If the guy in the bottom left was looking this way, this would be waaaay over the top! Very nice. Love the colours and the BG, Hillebrand.

Marijn Heuts

Very nice and colorful. The only very minor nit has already been mentioned. I wonder how this would look like with a shorter lens and a regular 3:2 crop, to show the three birds in their environment?

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the poses and the colors!!!