Thread: Big Cypress Chaos

Rich Ikerd

Default Big Cypress Chaos

Attached Images Attached Images

Made my first trip down through the Everglades and Big Cypress over the holiday period, looking for some Florida landscape opportunities. While this one looks quite cluttered (and it is), it is highly representative of the view of most of the bald cypress ponds scattered throughout Big Cypress National Preserve. Also considering converting this to B&W.

D2X, 24-85mm, three exposures 1 stop apart, combined in Photomatix.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Rich,

This is very vivid, it reminds me of Velvia :O. I think this image would work better in B&W.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think this is a very good stock image of a Florida bald cypress habitat. It shows the ecosystem well, in good light, I particularly like how you can see how dense these strands can be, and how diverse the plant life is from reeds, to epiphytes, to the cypress themselves. Not necessarily one you would expect a lot of folks to hang oh the wall, but definitely a very good one to have in the portfolio as a Florida photographer.

Jason

Robert Amoruso

Jason hit the nail on the head, great stock shot. Maxis' suggestion on the B&W conversion may produce an interesting image. When I am doing this type of shot for stock I then look for the details in the scene that might create other good images.

Our on a roll Rich with some nice imagery.