Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default A Haiku for Porsche - My little dog

Attached Images Attached Images

Tried to shun the pain
    I miss her, gone much to soon
    It was all in vein

I'm becoming a regular sissy.
    Growing up, no one in my family could really afford to pay a vet to put an animal down.
    With little money, no dad or uncle around I became the family terminator.

If a pet needed to be put down to end it's suffering, I was called to both end it's life(humanely) and bury it.

My little dog Porsche had to be put down. In the Vet's office, she fell asleep in my wife's arms, never to awaken again.

It's got me pretty messed up. Can you believe it, a terminator shedding tears for a dog?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry to hear of your family's loss James. And shedding tears for the loss of a loving, faithful companion doesn't make you a sissy in my book. I had to unexpectedly say goodbye to one of mine last Summer. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do but the sadness will eventually go away and you'll smile when you think of the fun times you shared and the little things she did that made you laugh.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

James, sorry to hear about your dog Porche. I cried when my greyhound died in my arms after being euthanized at the vets and I know I will be a basket case when my JRT Willie passes on. Just know you did the right thing at the right time.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks GUYS!

Lance Warley

Sincere condolences, James. This is always such a hard thing to do. Porsche is in a place with no pain now.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

James, I had to make that decision once and nothing can compare to the sadness and great loss. So sorry to hear.

Julie Kenward

I think some of our worst days on earth involve those where we lose a beloved pet. My deepest condolences to you and your family, James.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Eva and I send our condolences for your loss, James, and remember fondly our day together on the Hooptie Deux last winter.

Richard Mc Donald

A big man hug for you mate!

Richard

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Froggie, I know the pain of losing someone/something that loves you unconditionally so am sending a big hug and lots of strength and energy. The haiku was well done. Was "vein" a wrong-word typo or a play on words?

Lastly, who is the dude in the image and how was it created?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.