Thread: Not farmin' any more VII

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Not farmin' any more VII

Attached Images Attached Images

This was shot three years ago with Canon Rebel and my trusty 24-105 in an abandoned ranching area in Invermere BC which is rich in old farm machinery scenes. I considered posting this in friends and family as that is our eldest daughter. Iam sorry I have no details on what I did with this but i did recently mess with the color a bit, on purpose. Comments are welcome, I liked the fact that a landscape and derelict building come together, or maybe are still apart here.
    Kat Enns
    Castlegar, BC

Alfred Forns

Hi Kat It is one interesting composition Don't know what else is around but might have tried moving to your right and maybe moving up a bit to have more mountain in the center. Would like to preserve the curve is possible, gives it a nice feel !!!

The blue bg need to desaturate a bit more and not sure what happened with the clouds up to .. have a lot of blue? Small tweaks make a difference for these and bt lots of time we use a graduated ND filter to be able to capture the sky and have a nice foreground !!!! ... did you get a tight shot of the cabin?

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Al, thanks for your comments. I wanted this curve, mainly, and wanted the building to be very small and overwhelmed by the terrace landform its sitting on. I had really messed up with this photo though. Since i read your comments I figured out how to desat the blues out the photograph, the settings were wrong on the camera, this was a work thing in 2008. I have posted something for you in more recent thread.

k
    Kat Enns
    Castlegar, BC

Michael Pancier

agree with al on cutting back on saturation. May also want to play with a B&W conversion on this too with a simulated red or orange filter.