Views: 41
Size:  180.1 KB

CameraCanon EOS 5D Mark II
    Exposure1/3200 sec
    Aperturef/5.6
    Focal Length24 mm
    ISO Speed200
    Exposure Bias-2/3 EV

This was aperture priority using my EF 24-105mm f/4L IS in the late afternoon, shooting from my cabin balcony on the Diamond Princess. Princess bills this cruise as an Inside Passage Glacier Discovery tour. I highly recommend it, or something similar. You can see what I say in my Flickr Set "Alaskan Cruise".

I saw lots of wildlife and the scenics were incredible and plentiful. I had a hard time choosing which one to show here. Blue was the color of the voyage, which really amped up as we neared glaciers.

Alfred Forns

Gorgeous view Dave Took the cruise and can't say enough good things about it !!! ..... just wish I could reproduce the color from the glaciers !!! btw had a friend that took the trip and it was fog all the way through ... did not see anything !!!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, I'm torn about what to say to people about the weather. Bob Rozinski led a small boat photo workshop in June, when the weather is supposedly more reliable, and it looks like he got two-weeks of rain and fog. I went in a wet month and got a glorious day in Ketchikan, several good days at sea and Denali even showed itself for me a few other lucky souls for thirty minutes after two-weeks of being socked in, we were told. I was there two-days and only saw the mountain for those thirty-minutes from eighty miles away.

Anyoone taking this trip needs to realize that there's a high risk of bad weather, but it can be glorious and spectacular when the all elements align.

I think I captured the glacial color once or twice. Here's my Fave for color:

Name:  GlacialBlueReSize.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  190.7 KB

I was helped by it getting a little overcast for the image. The blue doesn't show as well when the sun's out. My Flickr Set shows how lucky I was.

Alfred Forns

Agree with Dave and highly recommend going. Even with bad weather you will find something great to shoot ..... Poor weather can make for interesting images and usually dramatic !!!!!!