Attached Images Attached Images

nikon d 300 iso 400
    ap 1/250 @ 6.3
    200-400 mm lens
    mud flats of lake clark alaska
    image sharper on my computer

Ken Watkins

Stuart,

I am occasionally getting posted images less than sharp, you could try posting it with larger dimensions you have only 800 wide rather than the maximum of 1024. I use Fit Image in PS to get the maximum size.

I think a little lightening around the head would also assist.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart

I might suggest if you have room around the image to rotate it CW so it is almost on a level footing, sorry no pun intended. It is perhaps not the most flattering angle, but he/she does look a good size bear. Might suggest if you get a chance next time to perhaps shoot wider to make more of an environment/habitat feel as there is nothing to hold the image so to speak. There is detail both in the head and raised left paw, so I would leave as posted.

In relation to being sharp, making the file bigger will not make it sharper, it all comes down to the actual file itself. If the file size exceeds 200kb the server will automatically reduce the image (compress it). Therefore you will loose quality. What size was the file when you uploaded, was it over 200kb, even 201 will be affected? Take a look at the thread save for web in the Wildlife section stickies, it might help you.

Hope this helps
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

DanWalters

Like the little bit of water coming from the bears mouth and the detail in the bear. Could use just a little rotation.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

May be slight rotation , but would love to have such image in my files , Mighty fine
    TFS

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the soft light and the contrast of the fur against the sheen of the water. Agree with some reservations about the rotation, the angle does make the image a little more dynamic. I think that you are kidding us with the title though - she looks quite peaceful and intent on finding some clams.

Ken, I think the answer to your question I answered in my post on Stuart's earlier bear post in the flowers - the system has been changing the size of images that just slightly exceed the guidelines. I gather there is a move to go back to the old regime where the image was rejected. It was tedious when that happened, but you knew what you would get...

Regards,

Gerald