Thread: Blue River

Mike Fuhr

Default Blue River

Attached Images Attached Images

There hasn't been much activity on the landscape forum so I went digging to find something from several years ago. This is a river in southern Oklahoma that most people are not expecting find in that area. I fell in love with this big old burr oak. I'm hoping to go back some time soon with my new equipment! :)

Nikon D50
    18-55mm @ 18mm
    1/250
    F/10.0
    ISO 250
    Last edited by Mike Fuhr; 07-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike, It is an interesting tree! Compositionally there are two areas competing with each other. The tree and the river. For my taste I would want one more dominant than the other. Using the tree as a frame I might have cropped the tree from the top to the 2nd branch from the bottom. Also I might have gotten a bit lower so the tree wasn't merging with the tree on the rt.Might not have worked but I would have looked at it.
    A polariser probably would have taken the glare out of the water and given it a bit more contrast to the overall scene. Finally I would of tried to avoid the plant in the foreground sticking up.
    When you go back I would try different comps and look for other foregrounds if possible...

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Mike,
    Great advice from Dave.....I can only add.....you may have to get wet to get a better angle! If you get fog or mist....even a color change during the seasons.....will also add interest.

Mike Fuhr

Thanks guys. I was wading in the stream when I took this one (one of many angles, etc.) -- there were so many choices. Can't wait to go back.:)