Thread: Link Question...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Link Question...

When I inserted a hyperlink to ABP II here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...010#post532010 the link is live but is in know way differentiated from the rest of the text unless you run the cursor over it (just as here....)

Any suggestions? Should it not automatically come up as blue or purple text?

ps: Here is the link above with color added:

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...010#post532010[/COLOR]

pps: Well, I tried but that did not work either :) Help!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I usually put links in brackets to differentiate it from the text. I also put the link at the end of the post to set it off from the text of the post.
    Andrew
    e.g.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Merwin View Post
    I usually put links in brackets to differentiate it from the text. I also put the link at the end of the post to set it off from the text of the post.
    Andrew e.g.
    Thanks Andrew. My belief is that we need to have the links set off with blue or purple type as that is pretty much standard and offers a cleaner look.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Should it not automatically come up as blue or purple text?

I changed the mouse over color is purple in the default skin.

I'm working on (among 1121 other items) a new site tutorial. Tons of new features that need to be presented.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think this is a global feature of the web site & needs to be addressed by the site designer. I know that in Dreamweaver a web site designer can set the URL color. The URL text can be set so that it is color A on the web site, color B when selected & color C when clicked. I suggest contacting the site designer & requesting your preferences.
    Andrew

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Andrew,
    I'm the site designer and I wish it were that easy. Vbulletin uses a new Stylevar system. Every variable must be set manually and there are a lot of variables.
    We have 4 skins for members to choose from. This is the first time the link issue came up.

In addition to the variables, everyone seems to want the forum to look differently. I've lost count of the tweaks (more coming!) Your suggestion is valid and if anyone notices an element that needs an adjustment, please contact me.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Shadle View Post
    Andrew,
    I'm the site designer and I wish it were that easy. Vbulletin uses a new Stylevar system. Every variable must be set manually and there are a lot of variables.
    We have 4 skins for members to choose from. This is the first time the link issue came up.

In addition to the variables, everyone seems to want the forum to look differently. I've lost count of the tweaks (more coming!) Your suggestion is valid and if anyone notices an element that needs an adjustment, please contact me.
    Frankly, the URL colors are immaterial to me. I was simply responding to Arthur's comment about the URL color. My knowledge of web site design is limited to simple web site design. It is good to know that you are the site designer. No offense was intended & I hope none was taken. I like the site design & I am pleased to be able to participate in this forum. Andrew

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Andrew,
    None taken!
    I just didn't want you to think I'm a slacker:).
    James

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Shadle View Post
    Andrew,
    None taken!
    Good!

I just didn't want you to think I'm a slacker:).
    That thought never occurred to me. :)
    Andrew