Thread: I want f128!

Roman Kurywczak

Default I want f128!

Attached Images Attached Images

Yes....there's focus stacking.....but they never stop moving! No noise at ISO 64,000 and f128.....I can dream can't I!

From a local garden park......spent a few hours trying......100's of images.....only a few with HA, body angle, and sharpness I found acceptable!

Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and 25 mm tube HH at ISO 1600 at f29 for 1/80 sec and the MT24 twin lights at minus 1/3. Noise ninja run on BG and 1 flash highlight removed off left eye. Full frame.

Julie Kenward

You used f29 and you think it's not sharp enough? Are you kidding me, Roman? I think it's wonderful! I can see every little hair, every bit of his legs, his face, his body...I got no trouble with this one at all. Even the yellows are well balanced and the angle of the bee is great - giving us lots of eye contact but still showing off his wings and body.

dawn campbell

would be nice to have f/128 :) even f/64 ..... and of course, the lenses that could handle that (and didn't weigh a ton!).... The concept of focus stacking a shot of an insect or bug is interesting, but not very practicable, is it? Too bad we couldn't somehow tell our cameras to shift focus points as they moved thru a burst. Maybe in 5 years.

Anyway, I'm babbling and this is still, despite your lack of f/128, a well executed shot with lots of detail.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

wow Roman you really nailed this! wonderful details, tones, etc, etc....love it!

Mike Fuhr

Very nice shot, Roman. Love the lighting and detail, and I'm not usually a big fan of flash. Like the petals which make the striped bkgd!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

this is just too god Roman
    TFS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roman,

Most excellent " busy as a bee " photograph. Like your use of yellow on black colors in this one. Lovely sharpness throughout. Hear you on taking 100's of photos HH to get a great one.
    Thanks for sharing...

Charlie Wesley
    St. Augustine Beach, FL
    http://naturesphotographs.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, Roman!
    Bumblebees are always trouble for my but you captured this as well as could ever be expected. I love the radiating BG!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent capture, sharp as a tack,love it

Forum Participant OvidiuCavasdan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice details and pose. I like the BG.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image Roman. Its sharp where it matters. One can't achieve more than this without focus stacking.
    But I like your dream - it is mine as well !

Susan Candelario

Really like this image, Roman! Can't add much more than already said above. BTW do you ever stop dreaming? :D Guess that is the reason you are constantly upping the ante and that is a good thing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hard to add to the comments above. Limiting the colors to yellow and black works really well. What patience and perseverance.