Thread: Emerald damselfly portrait

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Emerald damselfly portrait

And a portrait of the emerald damselfly f8, 1/25e, iso 400. tripod, sigma 150mm, wired remote, mirror lock up

Last edited by thijs broekkamp; 07-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is such a sharp image of the head, legs and torso (?) that I wish the whole damselfly were included. Beautiful colors and lovely, smooth BG. What is your EXIF data?

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautifully sharp, all the correct technique, the only suggestion I would have is at this magnification I would recommend a smaller aperture because DOF is so limited. (f16);)

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Thijs,
    Yep.....at this magnification DOF is lost very quickly! I see why you composed this....keeping the 1 wing in but I am leaning with Anita.....not sure the portrait is working at this angle for my tastes.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well, I for one really like this and I think you showed the details in the face and abdomen very well.

Julie Kenward

I really like it as well. Yes, I'd have loved to have seen the entire body but this is so sharp and detailed and the composition is very strong so I vote yes on it! I would suggest adding a little room up top so his eye isn't quite so close to the frame and then give the eye a bit more selective sharpening as that is where our focus and attention as your viewer naturally goes to.