Forum Participant OvidiuCavasdan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Damselfly

40D, EF 100 mm macro
    F/8
    1/250 sec
    ISO 400
    Manual mode, HH, slightly crop, s/h, sharpening, cleaned some oof leaves low left. Smaller aperture would have been nice for more focus on wings but wanted ss in windy condition and HH...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Amazing image....I like it very much as presented! Congrats!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice details Ovidiu! I wish we could see a little more of the color on the abdomen. I would consider to add a little more room on the left, as well as cropping a little fromt the UR corner to not have the stick pointing in the LR corner.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Ovidiu,
    Well....when windy and shooting HH and no flash....you have to sacrifice DOF! I like the crop as presented but like Jerry....wouldn't mind a bit more left (not much!). This is sharp where it needs it and you have an excellent wing position.....so that helps the OOF somewhat as the falloff is pleasing. I do think you can tweak this a touch more.....open up the shadow just below the eye a touch more and bring the brightness on the body down a touch.....this will give it a hiar more color and open up the face some more. These are very minor tweaks.....and will just help bring up a very nice comp and capture!

Julie Kenward

I think Roman nailed the critique but I have to say I really like the clarity and brighness of this. It's so sharp and precise on the body and legs and with the wings OOF I get the feeling you caught it right before take off. I know it made me smile when I opened the image and that's good enough for me!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice and sharp Ovidiu. I would add some more canvas on the left too.