Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 7D
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 @ 50mm + C.P.
    1/125sec f/13 ISO 100
    Conversion in CS4

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ian, good candidate for B&W and nice conversion. I like how the comp is structured into different layers that balance well. I'm noticing what might be a small halo around the mountain. I would also suggest cropping about 3/4-1 inch off the left. To my ete it would better balance the image....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for commenting, Dave. Yes, I wasn't too happy with the color version, but really thought it worked well in B/W. I see the halo and will go back and try to get rid of that.

Ian

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I don't know this area at all, but if I would change anything it would be to give a little more room for the mountain on the rhs. I love the layered composition which is very effective. Works well in b&w.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Ian,
    I'm with Hilary on more room right if possible and Dave already mentioned the halo. I do think the B&W was a nice choice but I do wonder if you could pull out some more of the tonal range to give it even more depth......I do think you could run a bit more sharpneing because at f13......I expect more to be crisp....even in the FG. I think if you toy around with this one a bit more in PP'ing.....this one will shine a bit more.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ian, I agree with the others on all points. This is a very attractive image! I think that if it were mine, I would remove the two tiny utility poles though.:)

Robert Amoruso

Good point on the poles by Dan. Good comments from the others. All in all a nice looking image and composition.