Thread: white flower

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default white flower

Attached Images Attached Images

back lit 1/8 sec -2ev f16 iso 200 sharpened centre cropped a little off all round is background ok or should i change comments needed is stalk ok or too light

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Grahame....I like this alot as presented. I think your bg is fine and the stem also. The lighting is fantastic! Hope to see more posts!

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Grahame,
    Soethiing seems odd to me here......I do like the way the flower stands out against the black and I do like the rim lit stem......although I personally would go a touch darker. My biggest issue is the whites......in the FG, they lookd muddy/grey.....did you add blue to this? I ask because while this flower has many varieties, the center looks a bit too irridescent blue and that could also be blocking up some of the FG whites. If not, you can try selecting and area and going in with a selective color layer.....pull down the whites.....and remove black. Hope this helps and let me know how it turns out.

Julie Kenward

Grahame, I think Roman nailed it. I do like the silvery touch to the whites but maybe not quite so heavy that they cross into gray. I do like the backlighting and think you found a very good angle for showing off this african daisy for full effect.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful flower! I like the sharpness of the image, the backlighting, the crop. The black BG works for me.