Thread: Nest Builders

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Nest Builders

Attached Images Attached Images

This image of a Great Blue Heron bringing a twig to the nest was created on Jan 28, 2007 at the Venice Florida Audubon Rookery at approximate 2PM. A Canon 20D fitted with an EF 500 IS lens with ISO 200 set and an exposure of 1/400th @ F5.6 was used.
    The day was overcast from morning to evening and this exposure was made from a position almost in the road near the parking lot.
    The snag that the nest was built on no longer exists.

Fabs Forns

Hi John,

Big welcome to BPN.

I know we lost that snag, isn't that a shame? Very nice habitat image, I would have moved the camera slightly to the left to give more room in front of the birds, trying not to crowd the wings.

Thanks for sharing this :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John,
    I love the interaction between the two birds! You made the picture just in the right moment! I only would prefer the birds having more room at the left side of the picture and not too much room at the bottom. Then the composition would look perfect to me.
    Congratulations!
    Rosl

Robert Amoruso

John, You caught just the right action here. I agree with the cropping suggestions. Looks a tad undersharpened to me.

Welcome to BPN.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful interaction captured im this image and lovely to see so much of the environment. I agree with Fabs suggestion about moving a little to the left. Thanks for sharing.