Thread: N.2

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default N.2

Attached Images Attached Images

This to follow the advices of Ken Chids, Mike Moats and Kaushik. The petal has a yellow BG. Rotation in computer.
    70mm macro 2,8 1/\160 Rgb W bal.auto spot metering . Very small improvement in P.P.

Julie Kenward

Although I think these two images work as abstracts they just aren't my favorite for some reason. Maybe because they are so OOF and so dark? I'm really not sure. I am left wishing I could see more and I can't seem to get past it.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Valerio, Agree with Julie regarding the OOF and dark. This appears to be a minimal selective focus since the very top of the red petal is not totally blurred. I think the image might have worked better with more of the red petal selectively focussed giving the eye a center of interest...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you both for your advices.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Valerio,
    I like this presentation better but for me the colors are too muddy......not sure why either.....Perhaps if the red petal was slightly lower in the frame?....not sure there either but playing around with more DOF and the position may strengthen the comp on this.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes Julie and Roman
    the image was only what do you think on a technique of least aperture . I see in this case, under a dull sky, is dark and needed more DOF. Do you agree not overcome 400 ISO?or not? I photograph, in this period, every weekend, yesterday in similar situation, but with sunlight, I shot with f10-13 ISO 200-320 and flash -2/3.
    Thank you for the opinions!