Thread: Visions of Arizona

Michael Pancier

Default Visions of Arizona

A ten minute montage of sight and sound, video and stills of the Grand Canyon state ...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

VWD, thoroughly enjoyed the images and music.

Rod Wiley

Great photos and music, how did you get the rights for the music? Rod

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My recommendations for improvement would be to place the camera on a tripod with a video head to eliminate the jerky movements, limit use of zoom movements and for those that you use make them more gradual, slow the transitions down a bit.

Exposure and color balance looked good.

Peter Coskun

Lots of familiar sights you got in there. Looks like you had a good time and saw much of the highlights in northern Arizona.

Michael Pancier

Thanks for the comments. Peter, there's so much to see out there. One needs a full time job of photographing the state to really see all that there is to see.

Jim, I wish I had a second tripod or head for video, but for travel it's not practical since stills are my objective. I wish there was a way to slow down the zoom on the HV 30. It's too sensitive.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, this leaves one "Jones'ng" for a Trip to Arizona! Thks For sharing!!!
    don

Peter Coskun

[quote=Michael Pancier;528107]Thanks for the comments. Peter, there's so much to see out there. One needs a full time job of photographing the state to really see all that there is to see.

I have lived here for 10 years almost and still have yet to explore more than 15% of the state...Really too much to see and not enough time in a lifetime...I think that holds true for every place though. Now I need to roam around this state and start shooting the desert again.

Michael Pancier

[quote=Peter Coskun;528434]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pancier View Post
    Thanks for the comments. Peter, there's so much to see out there. One needs a full time job of photographing the state to really see all that there is to see.

I have lived here for 10 years almost and still have yet to explore more than 15% of the state...Really too much to see and not enough time in a lifetime...I think that holds true for every place though. Now I need to roam around this state and start shooting the desert again.
    I think the most amazing thing about Arizona and Utah is that there is still so much wilderness there and it's so refreshing to see all these sights and not have to see any major development... One of the things I enjoy most about the wilderness is simply the silence you get out there. Much can be said not having to hear cars, radios, planes, etc.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well Done...

I like the first sound track...it sounds like the same music from the Ken Burns National Parks Series

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald_Gilligan View Post
    Well Done...

I like the first sound track...it sounds like the same music from the Ken Burns National Parks Series
    it is....I bought the soundtrack and other songs by those artists they used.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Michael for the inspiration...

If it is okay , I might use some of these songs on some upcoming posts!? ....

Jerry

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This very nicely done Michael may I suggest a few things that might help? I assume you have a gimbal head that you carry with you. I would use this for my panning and use manual adjustments for my zoom.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, I had fun on your travelogue. As mentioned, it is hard to touch this state in 10 minutes and you should certainly come back!

Michael Pancier

Tom, I'll try your idea. I never fly with the wimberley. Usually on my landscape travels where I have to fly, I only take one mountaineer tripod. can't hike with my 3530 and a wimberley. too much with what I have. The video for me is kind of an afterthought way to combine travel video and stills. But if I could, would love a real video head and pod for just video