Thread: One More Florida Scrub Jay

David Roach

Default One More Florida Scrub Jay

Attached Images Attached Images

This time with habitat and tail. I wanted to have the habitat in the image and also show the long tail. This image was created in the late afternoon at Merritt Island NWR scrub trail. These beauties are so curious, they will almost always turn toward you to give a good head angle. Quite obliging, I thought!
    1DMKIIN 400DO ISO 640 F10@1/320
    Last edited by David Roach; 03-04-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great light, details and pose. The BG adds interest but I would give it a bit more room at the bottom for the 'virtual' tail and remove the lower catchlight.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent lighting and the scrub saw palmetto works as this is their habitat !
    Maybe a hair tight in the frame but I love the detail it shows.

Lance Warley

One more?

Send ten more, Dave!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    This time with habitat and tail. I wanted to have the habitat in the image and also show the long tail.
    Nicely done almost showing the long tail... later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

David Roach

Thanks again for the excellent suggestions!!! Yes, I actually did have more room at the bottom and was going to leave more room(for the virtual tail) but for that big honkin perch!!!! I had to slightly burn it as is (learned that from Fabs on this wonderful forum). I will have to post one with the entire tail (for Artie) sometime later.
    Peace,
    David