Forum Participant OvidiuCavasdan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Damselfly

40D, EF 100mm Macro
    F/9
    1/160 sec
    ISO 500
    Manual mode, morning sun, HH, slightly crop and tilted, s/h, curves, sharpening...would have been nice to have a more cleaner BG on right side...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A agree about the BG on the right but this is still a great shot. I love the detail in the wings and on the legs.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice and sharp for HH, love the details and color..well done

Julie Kenward

I don't know, Ovidiu, I like the repeating pattern of the BG - I would totally expect to see that with the perch you've caught him on. I know we strive for the perfectly blurred BG but this is still exceptional. And handheld! Woo Hoo! You brazen man, you! :D

Outstanding clarity and composition. I love the whole entire thing but the light and the pose set it apart.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Ovidiu,
    I'm torn on this one......while I love the sharpness/exposure/ and perch.....I do feel the angle is a bit off with your rotation. How was it originally? the grass just seems odd to me. I also think you can work on the BG a bit....blurring to make it even less distracting.......but for me it isn't that distracting. I just think the grass angle is off.

Forum Participant OvidiuCavasdan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for comments.
    Julie, my HH technique still need lot of improvement, for this one I was getting low, elbows on ground, shoot this in high-speed continuous mode, 5 frames, deleted in the field 3 of them.
    Roman the grass was almost horizontal in the field, tilted it to get the left end near the corner of the frame. Grasses were in all directions but he choose to perch on this one. I hope maybe for a better image next time;)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning detail and clarity. I like the background as is and the perch too. I think this is a real keeper.