Thread: Fisheating Creek

Paul Marcellini

Default Fisheating Creek

Attached Images Attached Images

I did a quick trip up to Fisheating Creek, the last free flowing waterway that feeds into Lake Okeechobee. I went maybe 5 miles upstream the first day and spent 2 hours paddling in our wonderful summer thunderstorms. Despite starting in 91 degree heat, I was quite chilled at the end of it.

5d2, Tamron 28-75@75
    ISO: 200
    Aperture: 16
    Shutter: 2, 1.2, 1/2s blended using Tony Kuyper's luminosity masks.

Paul

Michael Pancier

I love how you find these out of the way locations. were you in the boat for this?

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Paul,
    Sweet light that conveys the mood of the river and cypress very well. Perhaps a lightening of the LH side a touch?....almost looks like a line so a bit of light play in the leaves/greenery may break that up some. You are doing a great job capturing the mood and feel of these Florida locations....very nicely done!

I'm betting kayak was the mode of transportation!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Paul,you have a good eye picking out compositions in areas where the terrain blends into itself. Warm,filtered lighting sets a pleasing mood along with an offset center of interest. Well handled!

Robert Amoruso

Paul,

I think the warm tones really work well in this image.

Logistically, I am guessing you are getting out of the kayak, setting up a tripod and making the images. Is this correct? If not, how is it being made. Thanks for the insight into the process.

Paul Marcellini

Thanks guys,

yes, kayak it is. I have dry bags and take everything out at the spots. Sometimes I cant actually beach the kayak and tie it to me while I shoot.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Paul

Connie Mier

One of my favorite places to paddle, and I'm glad you got out there to capture the essence of this florida gem before the water levels got too low. I love everything about this photo, beautiful tones.