Thread: Wingwalkers - Southend 2010

PeterCollins

Default Wingwalkers - Southend 2010

Hi Guys,

First airshow of the season and i popped this beauty, took about 50 shots i bagged as keepers and thought i would share a few, hope you like

New camera and new lens for the year so first outting in fury...

D2x
    70-300 VR @ 300mm
    1/125s
    f9
    + 1.3 EV
    ISO100

C&C welcomed as always

Pete

Alfred Forns

Beauty it is Pete !!! Love the diagonal and smoke, lots of implied motion !! Did capture the moment !!

... tech wise would up the shutter speed, you should be fine to 320 and more if you need, would need to do some cleaning !! At that distance the 1/100 did fine but wouldn't mind seeing more !!! Hope you got more !!!

Lance Peters

Now thats something Id like to do!!!
    Excellent - agree with AL on the SS speed.
    Looking forward to seeing more :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Peter, good advice above. I like the image and the trail makes it for me. Good positioning of the plane and all I would do is crop the top to just above the clouds. Well handled!!

PeterCollins

This was why i kept the shutter speed nice a low, i was after some nice prop blurr and had the camera in shutter prio mode

Must admit i feel more at home taking pics of aircraft then birds as i have had alot more practise at it, what do you think of this one?

I have a load more i will share over the next few days, inc a very nice catalina....;)
    Last edited by PeterCollins; 06-02-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Alfred Forns

Big Time good Peter, with the closer view the slower shutter speed does look better ... so does the smoke !!! Looking forward to more !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i have to remember that prop speed trick. thanks! i really like the second one. that shutter speed really helps with that one for the prop!!!

Greg Ruckert

Absolutely love the second photograph. I would crop the first one so that the plane and a little of the smike plume behind fill the frame. The smoke on the lower right is distracting but the landline gives added perspective.