Thread: Just the Two of Us

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Just the Two of Us

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another image of the Blue and Gold Macaws in their new home. More to come. Canon 1D MK IV, EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, 300mm (390mm), ISO 800, f/10.0, 1/500 sec, Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Auto WB, No Flash. Comments Welcome.....

Lance Peters

Hi Richard - lovely birds - lots to like here - two good HA'S and a lovely wingspread - thinking I might have tried to move them out of the centre a little - could just be my tastes of course!!
    Truly stunning birds!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lance, I did crop a wee bit, but with the open wing on the one side and them looking to the left where you usually leave space I was confused. So at least I put them in the upper 3rd. Please rework and show me your crop....

Lance Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Waas View Post
    Lance, I did crop a wee bit, but with the open wing on the one side and them looking to the left where you usually leave space I was confused. So at least I put them in the upper 3rd. Please rework and show me your crop....
    Could not come up with anything I was really happy with - so went outside the box :)
    That 2nd bird was the problem and evicted him - LOL

IMHO - Changes the story too much - maybe if you had not seen the original. This guy is the star of this shot!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lance, I agree that the bird on the right is the star; however, it is a tale about the 2 birds and setting up a new nest. I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find an interesting crop. Let's see who else has an idea.

Ann Fiske

How about this? :confused:

Alfred Forns

I like it anyway you slice it !!! .... and want to see that nest Richard :) Sweet !!! Just need to shoot at perfect sun angle and with longest lens + teleconverter to flatten the perspective !!

.. any chance you can get one of those buckets they use for construction .. eye level would be nice :D:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot and I really like both ha's and eye contact. Perfect.

I don't mind the original comp. and as a suggestion you could add a bit of canvas to the left and take a tiny sliver off the right.

I wonder if they would come to ground for a nice shot if offered some fruit or other suitable food?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Al, maybe drive the motorhome over and get up on the roof.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Richard, I like the image along with the lighting and sharpness of the two birds. I don't mind the angle and might add a bit to the left to see if it helps...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous birds. I agree the story is the two together. Tough to know how to improve on the OP, but I'd try cropping a tad off the right and adding to the left, but not so much as to create a large empty space. Looking for the next installment.