Thread: C'mon, is that the best you can do?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default C'mon, is that the best you can do?

Attached Images Attached Images

D90; 18-200 VR @ 31mm. ISO 400. f/7.1 @ 1/1000s. -1.3 EV. HH.

I've posted several other Blue-footed Booby courtship shots on Avian recently, and thought I'd share another one here. This is one of many shots I took of this action sequence, and none got everything right -- either I had the male's wing extension hidden behind the standing female, or her head turned (as here) with no visible eye. Most were tight-in shots; this one was a large crop from a wide-angle view. In any event, it was an amazing sight to watch. C&C appreciated.

Alfred Forns

Like the interaction and peculiar point of view !!! Same mating pose as our local cormorants :) .. do they rock their wings also? .. I called it doing the iPod :)

Well exposed and lots of detail Framing is good and point of focus is on the right place !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i love this! and great title to go with it. you had the right light at the right time to make this exposure. great interaction image. nicely done!!

Lance Peters

Hi Bill - works for me Big Time - a different perspective and great interaction.
    Love it!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This work for me too, the angle in which you captured is about the same as how the female view the male courtship dance, so the head turning away doesn't bother me. The image tell me the female is judging the male dance, so she can decide whether or not she will mate with her, which tell a story, very well done.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with above, that's a great shot!