Thread: Rattlesnake Canyon

Roman Kurywczak

Default Rattlesnake Canyon

Attached Images Attached Images

Got to do a different slot this time on my tour to Arches/Canyonlands. Not quite as pretty as upper antelope but no zoo either! Many possiblities in these places so if you get the chance.....a must visit!
    Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 40mm and f22 for 1.3 sec. at ISO 100 all tripod mounted. Slight crop bottom and left. Saved at 63 quality to fit.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

wow, cant believe noone commented yet!! we really need to drum up some business in here!!

this is a neat perspective and i like how the corners and sides are darkened giving the light the ability to flow from the top. looks great to me!!

Roman Kurywczak

Hey H....thanks!!!....it is Memorial Day weekend....many people away this weekend!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry, I've been busy in Wildlife and OOTB so haven't commented here much! :o

I've liked all these images showing the rock formation, striations and colours and this is no exception, my only question is whether it would have been possible to have more detail in the "black hole" at the bottom. A little painting with light somehow? Probably not possible and wouldn't want to lose the nice 'V' shape in the rocks but that is the only thing I don't absolutely love about the photograph.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roman, Exposure and lighting very well handled. Good offset placement of the opening with wood debris as a center of interest. The color and flowing lines are also a plus...

Mike Fuhr

I agree -- it's been a bit sparse at times!

Roman, I really like the composition on this one, and nice rich colors. Really like the dark shadows. One question -- what are the white spots to the right of the large branch? Water droplets ore something on the wall?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roman, wonderful lines and I like the placement of the weathered wood in the image. Like Hilary I am having issues with the large dark area at the bottom of the image my eye wants to go to the brightest part of the image the wood but since the dark area is large it keeps pulling my eye back towards it.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

No idea about how to comment on landscape images but I lIKED this very much , excellent
    TFS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad, I think it is enough sometimes to just LIKE an image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hilary Well said, i can see the "dark" point, however, i see thru it for capture of the beaty! Roman, different perspective...Very cool image!
    Don

Roman Kurywczak

Hi All,
    Thanks for the comments! Interestingly enough I intentionally darkened that part (maybe too much for some!) to accentuate the lines of the V.
    Great observations all around and Harshad.....sometimes it is just OK to say you like it!