Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default dunescape#8

Attached Images Attached Images

D3 1/320 f13, iso 400, hand held,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I find this quite beautiful as it stands Peter, nice mood. I am seeing however a slight blue cast in the shadows and it's a pity about the wheel tracks on the sandhill to the left. I think this would be a good candidate to replace the sky entirely with a nice gradient and play with colours etc to create a nice peice of art...

regards

DON

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Peter, good eye by Don in catching the tracks since I didn't notice them. IMO this image is not as strong as your previous images. Your other images had fewer and more clearly defined lines. Your previous skies were more dramatic and I feel you could take a bit off this one.
    There is alot going on and a simpler view is stronger...

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Peter,
    While not as strong as the previous dunes in the series this one does have a nice flow to it. I think you can play around with this one and give it some more impact. I would start with darkening the sky with either a multiplied layer or even toning down the brightness. As presented the image appears a bit contrasty overall....which I normally like.....I think you need to selectively try and bring out certain areas and then boost the contrast levels....especially in the FG as it feels a bit heavy right now. This one has definite potential so some rework in the PP'ing will help bring it up another notch.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

peter, i'm no landscape critiquer but i do see the blue color cast. it was the first thing i thought when i opened it. i still dont see the tracks so they obviously dont bother me. i like the different layers. kind of reminds me of the layers in the smokey mtns. so any way you can add depth to the image it will add more impact.