Thread: Aussie get together

Lance Peters

Default Aussie get together

we have a few Aussies on BPN now - wondering if we can organise a get together and/or trip sometime.
    I am available to travel anywhere - should have a group vote.

If in Melbourne we could do the Western Treatment Plant and/or Altona creek mouth.

Lets see if there is any interest and work out a date/location from there.

:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sounds like a great idea Lance. But I'm heading down your way until March next year. We could meet halfway in Albury, but I wouldn't be able to get the time to do that until around October.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Guys

I would consider comming along to this... Say we ended up at the waste treatment plant (Altona..?), what is the best time of the year for a visit there?

DON

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi All, we are going to be on the Gold Coast until mid-Dec; we are heading north mid July - mid Sept. We will be at the Gympie Country Music Muster the end of Aug - a super hoot!

After Tamworth Country Music Festival mid-Jan we will be in the Greater Melbourne area for at least a month before slowly starting our journey west to the WA south coast in March.

Then we will follow the wx as we go north to Broome, then east to Cairns and finally back south to Brissy.

We will take about 7 - 8 months to go around.

With that in mind we/I would love to get together with BPN bros and sis' for a gab and a shoot.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Christopher C.M. Cooke

I look forward to that Jay.

We are going to Europe and England for a while but hope to be back for 2 month in Jan 2011.

Keep me informed, I have a key for the Western Treatment Plant which I have to return until I return but get it back (on my way from the airport)

The Plant is normally on fire in Summer with all the little Migrant waders and shore birds and is always alive with Raptors (I always leave with a sore neck)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

We are still on track to be in the Melbourne area the first few weeks of February.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Lance Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gould View Post
    We are still on track to be in the Melbourne area the first few weeks of February.
    I can be there anytime Jay - so will keep in touch!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Little late onto this thread, but...

I'd be up for a get together if one was arranged. I am currently based in Adelaide, but often in the eastern states.

PS: If your travelling this way Jay, I just spent Easter out at Bool Lagoon and the Coorong, LOTS of water, lots of birds.

Regards

Mark