Thread: Blue Tit Worked

Steve Ashton

Default Blue Tit Worked

Attached Images Attached Images

Guys following on from some comments from Mr M about clean BG and adding canvas I have worked and played around with this image. How does it look? Were can I find more info on blurring BG and some of the more advanced PS stuff you guys are doing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    Guys following on from some comments from Mr M about clean BG and adding canvas I have worked and played around with this image. How does it look? Were can I find more info on blurring BG and some of the more advanced PS stuff you guys are doing.
    Hi Steve, You can find info on the basics of using Quick Masks to make selections in our Digital Basics file and more detailed QMing techniques in Robert O'Toole's APTATS PDF.

Axel uses this to reduce BKGR once the BKGR had been selected:

For BG noise reduction I use the Reduce Noise Tool in CS3. My standard settings are:

Strength: 5-10 depending on the amount of noise
    Preserve Details: 45%
    Reduce Color Noise: 45%
    Sharpen Details: 0%
    and Remove JPEG Artifact is checked

Thanks Axel! And later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice pose captured. I might sharpen the bird a bit more and it might also work as a vertical crop.