Thread: ''Blue-Jeans'' Poison dart-frog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default ''Blue-Jeans'' Poison dart-frog

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello people!

It's been some time since I don't upload a picture so today I want to share one with you.

This was taken at a heliconia inflorescence after a mild shower. I found this little one on the ground and put it there, they are mostly terrestrial but I think it looks fine in this plant which is part of the habitat where the frog lives, the ants you see are fire ants, ouch! they got me!

Canon 30D
    Canon 100mm macro
    Tripod
    AV
    ISO 250
    f/5.6
    1/13sec.
    No Exp. comp.
    Full Frame
    Minor PS work, some selective color, noise reduction on bg, which looks bad now that I give the dimensions for web display.

Thanks for looking, all suggestions and advise is welcome as always. :)

caseyargall

The colours works really well here imo, i like where you placed the frog and also how the plant fills so much of the frame with the frog having the green background..very nice!

Julie Kenward

I think the frog is a bit overwhelmed by the size of the plant. I would have preferred you more on the right side (where that awkward upper area is) and then shooting back towards the frog. Still, this plant gives a good color balance so I understand why you left it in...I just wish the ants had all been in focus.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super detail Juan. Agree with Julie on the placement and angle of the frog. Love the colors, and the exposure is spot on. Only thing bothering me, is the stem and flower on the right, rest is super.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a splendid creature, must be tiny, small but perfectly formed eh.

Tim

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful frog and colors, Juan. I think I'd prefer a tighter crop without the part of the flower in the UR. If you want that part of the flower in the UR, consider cloning out any of the ants that aren't in focus.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good morning and thank you all for your input.

It's been a great lesson here since I have learned a lot from your comments. I will rework this one and upload it later for your approval. :)