Thread: Leap of Faith

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Leap of Faith

Attached Images Attached Images

It has been a very difficult six months for me, with unemployment, death of friends and family, and much inner conflict. At times like this, I remember how much I can learn from the birds and their simple courage and determination. I hope this resonates with you too...
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Beautiful image and words Kerry. I think we can all relate to difficult times and I hope things turn around soon-sounds like you have a positive attitude.:)

Lance Warley

Wonderful in so many ways, Kerry!

Your terrific image compliments your words perfectly. The bird is flying into the future, embracing the future.

Wise and powerful words, Kerry.

Julie Kenward

Kerry, so sorry to hear you are struggling right now. As I read the words that accompanied this delightful and encouraging image I couldn't help but also put the word "life" in place of the word "spring". I'd blow this up LARGE and hang it where you can see it every day. ;)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Denise, Lance, and Julie! I appreciate your thoughts and words.

Jules, I had thought about using the word life instead of spring, but I had a couple of thoughts about that. First, I thought that "life" was a bit too negative for the feeling I was trying to convey - that the promise of spring is that life is renewed and that spring will always come. The message to me is that we will always have another chance at life. The other reason is that traditional haiku contain a "kigo", a word or phrase that symbolizes or implies the season of the poem. I have posted three haiku here - one refers to summer, one to winter, and this one to spring. :) I'm holding off on autumn...
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Fabs Forns

I like your choice of words very much, Kerry, and yes, you conveyed the feelings exactly. The night is the darkest just before dawn :)
    Hang in there.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kerry, greaat attitude, remember the Lord will never give us more than we can handle... Stay positive! These are wicked times, Have faith, it will see you through!
    Don

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kerry, what a beautiful image and words. I see you posted this in May and I hope the spring has brought you
    peace.:)
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kerry, beautiful image, positive outlook. Thanks also for the haiku lesson about seasons. May you soon see your difficulties fall away. (And, autumn can be a beautiful time, also:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you enryone! I started a new job this week and things are looking up again. I truly believe that a positive attitude will take you far in life... :)