Thread: white backed vulture

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default white backed vulture

Attached Images Attached Images

the scrap for the carcass is over ..he backs off waiting his chance again....

D2xs 200-400vr bean bag and plate.pano crop ... I left the flying dirt and feathers in...rather than clone out ..adds authenticity to the image imo...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great action capture !nice BG and colors.I suggest little crop on the left side just to throw it from the center.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lots of mood in this image, Peter. The colours are great. I really like the dust but find some of the oof blobs distracting. The focus and contrast on the wing draws my eye. I have selectively increased the contrast on the head/neck to try and draw more attention to that intense gaze with the well captured catch-light. This could be done with more finesse but gives the idea I am trying to convey.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely a very mood image with lots of feel to it. The repost is an improvement.

I wonder if treating this like a foggy image as demonstrated by Fabs a while back would add some kick.

Edit: Link http://birdphotographers.net/forums/...ead.php?t=2093
    Last edited by Jim Poor; 02-29-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added the link

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I feel you need to crop in off the top and left to make the bird the entire composition.(and add more on the bottom if you have it) The open blank space is not contributing to anything really here. That in my opinion would send this shot way over the top.

Fabs Forns

I think it's a great image and I like the dusty appearance. I downloaded it and selected just the head, added some black to the Neutrals in Selective Color and sharpened. A small crop followed. I wouldn't touch the rest.

Alfred Forns

Love the changes in the re-post The last looks real good Love the mood and unusual position Impressive image !!!!

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Peter,
    My vote is for your original with maybe a hair darkening of the head .....in all the reposts, for my tastes, the head isn't nearly enogh in the dust.
    Very well done IMO,
    Roman

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with you Roman........thanks to Fabs and Tony for taking time out to repost..but the heads are little too dark and devoid of dust ...and look abit odd...need a more gradual darkening ...wtih regard to placing of vulture in comp ..I like as is....

thanks to all for comments