Thread: Photo shoot buddies

David Ornstein

Question Photo shoot buddies

I posted this earlier today at "Introduce Yourself" and got a suggestion to post it here.

Hello. I live in Coral Gables (metropolitan Miami). I've found that being in a small group of like-minded (i.e., avian) photographers greatly enhances my experience on field days. I've been thinking about starting a Yahoo or Google group where "locals" (and perhaps people planning visits to the area) can announce their plans for a given day and then exchange email with others who might want join up.

I'd appreciate any feedback: Likely or unlikely to work?, good or bad idea?, etc.

My usual local places to shoot in the dry months are ENP (main entrance and Shark Valley), Wako and Green Cay. When my energy levels are high and the season is right, I don't mind driving to Ding Darling, Venice, Ft. De Soto or Canaveral.

Kathy S . Gillentine

HI David, that sounds great. I live in South Ft.Myers and I go to Venice, Ding Darling , Ft.De Soto as well as shark valley. Lovers key, Estero lagoon and bunche beach are alao a few great places to go. I do alot of avian and landscape photography. I would be very interested in meeting up with other photographers either over here or over by you. Let me know and maybe one day we could meet up. Have a great day. Kathy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

David:

Sounds good to me.. I live in Bradenton and shoot mostly Myakka River SP, Ft. DeSoto, Ding Darling, Corkscrew Swamp, Venice Rookery and Emerson Point..
    I have found it is more fun to shoot with at least one other photographer or a group..
    If you get over this way, give me a shout.

Dave

David Ornstein

I'm looking forward to meeting you and shooting with you. Email me if you make plans; I'll do the same. (Do you do much shooting during the wet season?)

I took the liberty of looking over your web site. You do beautiful work! Do you using your hosting company?

David Ornstein

I'll certainly track you down if I head west. Do the same of you come east. I'm looking forward to meeting you and shooting with you.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

David I am in Central Florida, Winter Springs, and go shooting around Merritt, Viera, Gatorland, etc. But, am always open to new spots. If you come my way give a shout.:)

David Ornstein

Thanks for your note. I certainly shall get in touch w/ you if I head your way. Please do the same if you head my way. How is the shooting at your usual haunts during the hot/wet season?

Alfred Forns

Hi David I'm sort of close to you :) ... Coral Gables :)

I'm sure we will run into each other ! Best way to figure what is going on is looking at posted images from avian and ETL Most will post the latest !! With Summer our choices become more limited because of the heat and I like being near the water if possible !!!

btw I'm finishing up a guide for our area and will be sold through Artie's store as a PDF. He also has guides for South West FL, DeSoto, Central Florida, Bosque etc. Best way to know the basics and more !!!

Van Hilliard

David,
    I've been visiting Fort Desoto a lot lately and would be happy to shoot with you if our schedules could be arranged to coincide. I know it's a long trip over here but it has been worth it lately.
    Van

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a "Meetup" group already exists. The South Florida Nature and Wildlife Photography Group, under the aegis of "Meetup.com" has regularly scheduled events. Two weeks ago, they sponsored a full Saturday with George Lepp at FAU in Boca Raton for only $15! They plan a variety of trips and meetups all over south Florida.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

There is a group in this area that meets once in a while.
    Here is their link:

http://www.meetup.com/SoFla-Nature-P...&action=detail