Thread: Golden Ragwort

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden Ragwort

Attached Images Attached Images

This is one of the native flowers in my garden--Golden Ragwort. My wrist is healed enough to carry my camera and tripod outside. Shot through some flowers.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f3.3 (Relative), 1/250, ISO 160, center weighted metering, manual exposure, manual focus, tripod, natural light, outdoors. PP: PS7.

Barbara Kile

Shooting through technique is lovely here with the one flower in perfect focus. Beautifully placed in the frame.

Julie Kenward

I like it, too but I also want more, more, more! Would love to see that whole URC filled with more flowers but the diagonal line you've created here is also lovely. Nice soft feel, Anita - what was your lighting like when you created this? It's so serene and peaceful... :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Anita, Very lovely look. The softness combined with the in focus flowers is a great combo. I do think that I would tone down the bottom yellow OOF flower that is in the center just a bit. Glad your wrist is a little better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Kenward View Post
    I like it, too but I also want more, more, more! Would love to see that whole URC filled with more flowers but the diagonal line you've created here is also lovely. Nice soft feel, Anita - what was your lighting like when you created this? It's so serene and peaceful... :)
    Thanks.
    I tried to get yellow in that upper right area, but, didn't work out. I took this picture around 6 pm in shade.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Anita,
    Glad to see your wrist is better enough for you to get out and about! I always struggle with these comps.....so not sure I have an answer for you but for my tastes....I would prefer this with 1/2 the bottom below flowers out.....but I'm probably not the best judge when it comes to this type of image as I don't have any that look close to this!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Hi Anita,
    Glad to see your wrist is better enough for you to get out and about! I always struggle with these comps.....so not sure I have an answer for you but for my tastes....I would prefer this with 1/2 the bottom below flowers out.....but I'm probably not the best judge when it comes to this type of image as I don't have any that look close to this!
    I see what you mean. I may try playing around with some crops.