Thread: "The Challenge"

Howard Burkert

Default "The Challenge"

Attached Images Attached Images

Image was created late September, in Lamar Valley. This was in my "early digital days", using a Fuji Pro S2 camera with a Nikon 80-200mm lens. Luck was on my side as this camera had a shutter delay of at least a second. Hand held incident meter reading. The sound of the heads hitting was incredable.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Howard,
    I like the golden hue and the capture of the power between these two. The muscle in the haunches, the flying tails, and the open eye of the one on the left are all pluses. I also like the bison herd in the BG although I would remove the single one in the center to isolate the two fighting while keeping the others as viewers who still want to observe but do so from a safe distance.
    Steve

Robert Amoruso

I would remove the one in the center and then crop the remaining ones off and make a pano. Leave the FG as it is nice and sharp.

The action is terrific.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Howard

Congrats a lovely image.... must be proud of this....its interesting what Steve and Robert say about improving your image ...you cud have 3 powerul images with your original and their versions.... Ps is a great tool ....and one can do amazing things.... but just because we can doesnt always mean we must....I believe in this instance...just to leave as is...it might not meet all the criteria of a perfect image but that doesnt mean its not a powerful or memorable image...:)

Fabs Forns

Great interaction in soft light. I would resist the temptation to fix it, it looks great as presented, and it was what you saw.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Howard,
    I like the image as is except for the 1 rear?? touching upper right. As all the above posts offered different versions here goes one not mentioned.........clone out the top ones and leave the center one.........then crop a little off top and bottom (more from top) to make pano. If you are like me though and don't like playing too much with your images..............do nothing! Great story and action,
    Roman
    Last edited by Roman Kurywczak; 02-28-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: misspelled

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great action and nice light to work with here Howard. I like the bison in the BG though the ones cut off in the upper right are a bit distacting. Fine image overall... It would have been spectacular to have the other bisons eye showing as well..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great action and light. Lot's of interesting suggestions above. Personally, I like the bison just above the fighting males because it is so perfectly framed by them.