Thread: The whole Passionflower

Roman Kurywczak

Default The whole Passionflower

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken in SF botanical gardens with the digital Rebel and the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 twin lights at minus 1&1/3. F22 and 1/100th of a sec. at ISO 400.
    Robert said he wanted to see the whole flower.......not as easy as the ultra close-up.
    As always comments welcomed and appreciated,
    Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
    www.roaminwithroman.com

Mike Moats

Hey Roman this is nice and you did a good job on the techs, but I think I like the tight shoots better. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moats View Post
    Hey Roman this is nice and you did a good job on the techs, but I think I like the tight shoots better. Well done.
    Hey Mike,
    I like the tighter shots better too! I posted this to show people that it is good to explore a subject......... as I never only take one view of a subject in macro. Exploration of different angle and views is the key. I will also admit..........that since I've joined the forums........next time out in macro shooting............I will venture from f22 or f29 and try some wider f stops as I'm liking what I see posted...........especially in the flowers! See...........you can teach an old dog (at 43) new tricks!
    Roman

Robert O'Toole

I like the diag comp and seeing the full size flower with the foilage is interesting after seeing the previous closeups.

Robert