Thread: Bird Photography Workshop in Oz

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bird Photography Workshop in Oz

Can anyone recommend a bird photography workshop, tour, course etc in Oz with a keen instructor that is willing and enthusiastic about teaching? I am envious of all the bird photography tours that are available overseas but would prefer to stick closer to home for the moment. I have a couple on my list but was wondering what else is out there.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Is this a politically incorrect question? Everyone is an expert?
    I really don't want to have the dubious honour of being the only post on BPN with no replies!

Ákos Lumnitzer

I sent you an e-mail via this site. Maybe you should check and respond one way or another before jumping to conclusions. :)

Wayne Ellis

Check out Darren Leal based on the Sunshine Coast

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The only photography workshop that I can find that is exclusively dedicated to bird photography in Australia is at the Broome Bird Observatory on beautiful Roebuck Bay with Craig Ingram Nature Photography http://www.craigingramphoto.com.au/. The next workshop is 4-7 October 2010 if anyone is interested. Tens of thousands of migratory shorebirds, with many land birds and song birds too. Would love to know if there are any other bird photography workshops in Australia.

Richard Mc Donald

Is there any further update to this?

Richard

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You also consider this reserve that if you search further this link you will see they do all kinds of tours, education as well as photography course etc etc. I've not taken any of the tours or classes, but have camped there on a few occassions and the birding is usually very good with many rarer species to be had as well as a few bird hides each with a water point. But never go in the hottest part of the year as temps and flies can be intolerable, and avoid it if the rarity of rain is imminent ....the soil turns to a sticky red goo quickly....hence the name " Gluepot "

Richard Mc Donald

This looks interesting also ...

http://michaelsnedic.com/category/wo...d-photography/

Richard