Thread: Wood stork

Peter Coskun

Default Wood stork

I had the pleasure to photograph a wood stork that had passed through Arizona last year. A very CHANCE encounter I would say as this is about the 5th recorded sighting for years. This image also was taken when i was first getting into bird photography so I'm sure there are a few things wrong here. I had cropped this about 90% and would have preferred a different setting but I'm still happy with this capture and sighting.

Canon rebel xt
    canon 400mm f5.6L @f/8
    1/800 of a sec
    iso 400
    handheld

Axel Hildebrandt

Great find, the bird really seems to be out of his territory. I like the walking pose and would sharpen the bird more. A lower angle would have made a big difference.

Peter Coskun

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Great find, the bird really seems to be out of his territory. I like the walking pose and would sharpen the bird more. A lower angle would have made a big difference.

Thanks, A lower angle was the first thing i wanted looking back at the shot, unfortunately the spot I was at it is next to impossible to get low...but I also thought about resharpening the bird to help it pop out more

Lance Peters

Hi Peter - agree with Axel - some more sharpening to the bird only would improve.
    Pose and composition look good.
    TFS