Thread: Where to Go This Weekend

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Where to Go This Weekend

Looking to get out of J'Ville this weekend. Thinking about hitting Honeymoon Island on Saturday. Any updates there? Anyone been lately? I have never been and do not know what to expect, but have heard that it is a good place to go. Would I be better off going to Orlando Wetlands? I have never been there either.

Then thinking about Gatorland Sunday morning then Alligator Farm Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for any input on Honeymoon Island / Orlando Wetlands!

AJ

Michael Pancier

I'll be out there in a few weeks. The osprey trail is always a treat. Usually more nests than you can count all year round.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I visited Honeymoon a couple of weeks ago and barely saw a bird. DeSoto and Honeymoon on not the usual this winter b/c of all the cold and wind. If you do go to Honeymoon, there are often just as many birds on the Dunedin Causeway which you must cross in order to get to Honeymoon.

I saw a list of birds from Orlando Wetlands two days ago and it sounded very promising as far as variety of species. However, I have never been there. Good luck.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Marina, thanks for the update. I think I'll pass on that area...I would hate to drive all that way for a not so great showing, although, that's how photography goes sometimes.

Think I will stick to the Orlando area. I know Gatorland is hot right now and I think I saw the same list you saw of the variety of birds at Orlando Wetlands, it looked quite impressive and I have never been.

Thanks again Marina!

Michael, let us know how your trip goes there!

EdwinDaleccio

Ill be at Circle B in the am and guess gatorland in the afternoon