Thread: Bald Eagle

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bald Eagle

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello all... glad to see yet more opportunity to share and learn about our passion for nature photography with this new site. I look forward to visiting more as the new year progresses.

I'm hoping to see more bald eagles return to the area soon, but until then here is an image from last winter, captured near the Great Salt Lake.

20D @400mm

Any & all comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking,
    John

Alfred Forns

Very Sweet John !!!!! Love the wing position fine detail and slight head turn !!! Just wish it was mine !!!! Big Congrats!!!!

Judd Patterson

Hey John! Nice to see you here too. Not your traditional posture with the eagle headed away from you, but the powerful stare really adds to the impact. It looks like you really caught his eye. ;) Good luck with eagles in 2008...hoping that Farmington Bay treats you well!

Fabs Forns

Hi John and big welcome to BPN!!!

Wonderful image, sharp and well exposed. The only thing I can think of is moving the bird a tad to the left of the frame, so the space in front is more pronounced.

I had to find a nit, no? :) :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic image !
    Great detail, exposure, wing position, and perfect head turn !

Might like to see the bird a bit further to the right in the frame, i.e. a little more
    room in front and a little less behind.

Blake Shadle

Great work, John, and welcome! Excellent wing position, detail, and oh boy that eye is so sweet! Maybe a little more room in front, but that's pretty minor.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good to see you over here, Be sure to visit the wildlife forum.. Love the image.. Hope to come down your way in Feb for these guys if you have a good year..