Thread: Northern Hawk Owl

Terry Sohl

Default Northern Hawk Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

Just found this place, and it's my first post here, so I figured I'd post my favorite birding, and photography, experience. Found this guy in Sax-Zim Bog, and at one point was so close (in my car) that I had to move to the passenger seat to get further than the minimum focusing distance on my 400 5.6L. I ended up spending an hour with this guy, at times a mere 10 feet away. Wonderful experience, having him just stare at me and tolerate my presence, and not budge even as I was pulling away.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow! What a great capture.

Fabs Forns

Hi Terry,

Welcome to BPN, hope to make your a meaningful experience here :)

You all are driving me crazy with these Owls :(
    I need one badly!!!

Don't forget to include your techs the next time so we can help you better!!

I would have taken a couple of steps to the right, to place the bird ore to the left, and hopefully cover the white patch in the background with the bird's body.

Nice and sharp, will have to post more of them :D

Michael Sowden

That is fantastic Terry, personally I like the composition with the eyes dominating. The bright bit of snow is slightly distracting as mention before.

Cheers Mike

Ákos Lumnitzer

Terry,

You are so privileged to have experienced this. I love the owl's stare, the fact that the entire image exudes a cold feeling, yet he (she?) looks so comfy. I am turning a little green now. :D