Thread: iMovie

Alfred Forns

Default iMovie

We just updated to the current iMovie and it was a good move. Lots of improvements and now supports HD :), simple drag and drop etc.

Learning is not difficult but there is a curve for using all the features, Apple has some tutorials on their website ... good !! Will be trying more videos

...............BTW there is an important feature that you should be aware ... if you shoot a video with the camera vertically :D flipping is very easy !!! .. done twice and not on purpose :)

Michael Pancier

the one problem I've been having is that if I try to edit the video in HD, I sometimes get video freezing especially after a transition. Only solution is to optimize the video for large rather than HD. I have plenty of RAM, 8GB on Mac Pro. Anyone else getting those issues? But I agree it's easy to operate.

Alfred Forns

Haven't run into that problem Mike ! Will keep you posted !! .... only done a couple of clips

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alfred<

Do you have iMovie 09? That's what I'm using. It's a real improvement over the previous version. Check out Ken Stone's comments. He's really knows FCP but is amazed with iMovie 09.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage..._09_stone.html

Alfred Forns

Big Thanks Sensory Overload of the Highest Degree !!!!!!

.......... that is one fine link, just what I needed !!! Need to dig in there !!! ... yes 09 seems to be much better !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alfred,

Glad you like the link. It's very informative.

I've spent time learning Final Cut but keep getting impatient. Bought books and videos.

Now I'm back with iMovie 09. Did not know how much can be done with it. Will be back shooting and editing more video soon...

Alfred Forns

Last year we went to the Apple store for one on one lessons in Final Cut Pro Started to make some headway but if you leave it for a few days ... most forgotten !!

With the new feature in iMovie can't see going back for more punishment !!! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Alfred,

I hear you on FCP. It's an awesome program actually the industry standard. My main body of work is still photography and that's why I will continue to work with iMovie '09. Don't have enough patience for the amount of time MacBook Pro takes to render FCE video.