Thread: Female Belted Kingfisher

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Female Belted Kingfisher

Photographed earlier in the week at the local marina, I was thrilled to get so close to this bird.Not so thrilled about the perch--but that is all she would let me have.
    1DMKIII 300/2.8 Is + 2X TC
    1/500s f/8.0 at 600.0mm iso400 -1/3 ec

Terry Olmsted

Wow, Bonnie. Fabulous image. And the perch is just fine. What a great closeup view! I love the female's coloring.
    Terry

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes indeed a lovely capture Bonnie of this female kingfisher - nice pose and good detail. I agree with you though about the perch!

Johnny Bravo

Terrific image of a bird that's difficult to get close to most times. It does look to me like there is obvious use of the shadow/hightlight slider, and I find that a bit distracting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Terrific image of a bird that's difficult to get close to most times. It does look to me like there is obvious use of the shadow/hightlight slider, and I find that a bit distracting.
    Hi Johnny!
    Thanks for taking a look and commenting.:) I did not do much to this image but brighten it up a bit--maybe more than it needed? It was taken around 2 PM and the light was really quite harsh. I'll keep it more towards the original exposure.

Bev Barker

Wow! i love kingfishers and this one is beautiful, what more can i say...superb.