Thread: Happy as a Scallop???

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Happy as a Scallop???

Attached Images Attached Images

It looks as if I am a day late for the Happy theme. If not, this would be my very first Weekly Theme entry :) This smiling scallop was photographed at Fort DeSoto Park south of St. Petersburg, FL with the Canon 600mm f/4L IS lens, the 1.4X II TC. ISO 250, and the EOS-1D Mark II. Evaluative metering at zero: 1/125 sec. at f/18 in Tv Mode.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome? (As I am a bird photographer does this qualify as Out-of-My-Box???
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

ps: It sort of reminds me of the plant in Little Shop of Horrors!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, you are right - it does resemble Audrey II!! Perhaps it is happy knowing that it may soon be consumed by my wife, who loves scallops. Great example of OOTB happiness! :)
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kerry. I will come back at you: in the movie, who did the voice of the plant? (How great is that movie???)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, you got me but Wikipedia came to the rescue! I knew it was a singer but did not know the (unlikely) name - Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops! Great movie! Being "in the biz", I know one of the guys who built the animatronic character.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

When I was in college I loved the Four Tops. Levi is dead now but wow, he had a great voice. Baby, I need your loving, got to have all your loving.

Kora Baker

This made me laugh, Arthur! The tongue is showing a dire case of something or other, and the poor thing seems to be missing a few teeth. Ha ha ha! But in all seriousness it's a great capture. Lovely colors and the reflection is so clear. Congratulations on venturing out of your box, and for posting your first Weekly Theme - albeit a day late. Kora

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Artie, This really does look like it's smiling. I like the reflection and the shadow. Perfect image for the theme and nice to see you thinking out of the box. Have a great time in Midway:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kora and Denise. Are there any other "Little Shop or Horrors" fans out there?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Happy Scallop. Looks like he has has tongue sticking out. Can't say I am a fan of LSOH:)

Julie Kenward

IT made me smile! I love the soft glowing light in this image - also like the warmth of the light on the shell against the soft blues of the sand.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie I love the reflection looks like it has eyes very spooky :D

Robert Rommel

Just a minor identification point - this shell is actually a cockle not a scallop (although they both have ribs and are somewhat related). Great picture of a live one! With the angle you picked it definitely has the LSoH look!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I can also see the smile...Rocky Horror Picture-ite, if I try hard I can see a face on the shell...nice one