Thread: Sword Fight

cynthia walpole

Default Sword Fight

Attached Images Attached Images

A am preparing for an exhibit at the end of March and would really like some critique of my images.
    Here is one that I like, but, of course, could always use some improvement.
    I actually witnessed these hummers doing what I illustrate in this image, although, I was not able to capture it at the time. So the image is composed of two different hummingbird shots plus a background.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It looks like you've done a nice job of compositing two images. The birds don't look critically sharp at this size. The obvious flash artifacts of the shadows don't help this image IMO. The flower feels like a dominant theme in the image rather than the hummers since it so large in size.

cynthia walpole

thank you for your comments. I need to give them some real thought. I actually added the shadows to try to give the image some depth. What do you think would work instead? As far as the flower, it does loom large in the background, I'll have to think about the possibility of a different approach.
    Cindy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the idea, and the poses are great. How about using the original background? The flower and the dark background doesn't work well here.

cynthia walpole

thanks, Aidan. You obviously agree with Keith on that and I see that you both have a point. The original background is out as it was not very pretty, but I will certainly try a different one.