Thread: Carolina Wren #2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Carolina Wren #2

Attached Images Attached Images

SonyA700~Sony70-400G@400mm~ISO1600~F5.6~1/400 sec~manual exposure~Hand Held~2-25-2010~Memorial Park, Houston , Texas~CS4
    I posted the same bird(different image) in ETL, but afterward looking at the series in Adobe Bridge, I somehow had overlooked this one. Near sunset, diminishing light. Not totally satisfied with image detail, but considering the lighting it doesn't seem too bad
    Blur applied to background. Comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

Floris van Breugel

Lovely little portrait of this fella - the background colors and perch are such harmonious colors for the bird. The noise is slightly bothersome, but such is life.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Floris. The noise was bothersome to me as well, and I am adverse to noise reduction for subjects, but not the background. Generally I try to expose to the right, which reduces noise a great deal, but in this case my only real option to do this would have been to reduce the shutter speed, and likely suffer a loss of sharpness due to camera shake(was hand held). Upping the ISO, another possibility, also leads to loss of sharpness even if noise is under control. O well, such is life! regards~Bill

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the natural perch and the background goes so well with the subject. well caught.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bill. Another nice wren pose. Feather detail looks pretty good to me; maybe a bit soft around the head. Well captured!