Thread: Egret portrait

Peter Coskun

Default Egret portrait

This is the same egret in my last post before it hopped into the reeds. About a 20-30% crop to isolate the head and upper neck. Adjusted curves and shadows/highlights to bring some detail into the whites. Let me know what you think. thanks

canon rebel xt
    canon 400mm F5.6L @ F5.6
    1/2500th sec
    iso 400

Judy Lynn Malloch

Whites are so difficult to expose well but you have some good detail in the whites. The top of the head is the only area I see without much detail.. Good clean BG and my only wish would be for a slight more head turn. Many thanks for sharing.

Peter Coskun

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Lynn Malloch View Post
    Whites are so difficult to expose well but you have some good detail in the whites. The top of the head is the only area I see without much detail.. Good clean BG and my only wish would be for a slight more head turn. Many thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the feedback, This was quite difficult to expose, the lighting was fairly harsh as well. I wished the bird would have looked more towards me but it was walking away from me instead.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Peter, good advice from Judy; nice capture showing breeding colors on the bill and lore.
    Regards, Katie

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Peter,
    Agree with the comments above - I will add that I love the colour of the BG - it off-sets the white bird beautifully.
    Best,
    Nicki

Peter Coskun

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Rupp View Post
    Hi Peter, good advice from Judy; nice capture showing breeding colors on the bill and lore.
    Regards, Katie

Thank you, I wish they were a little more vibrant but cant have it all ha