Thread: baby snail kite with BG adjustment

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default baby snail kite with BG adjustment

Attached Images Attached Images

PP: I have been experimenting with "Topaz Simplify" on images with busy BGs. I posted one yesterday in the "Out-of-the-box" forum, but decided that it was legitimate to post one on the bird forum.

The plug-in seems to be worth using to save some otherwise messy looking images. I made a BG copy, used the filter then erased over the subject to bring back the detail. What do you think about it?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Susan:

An attractive image, but I think the Topaz effect removes it from the the realm of straight images. I know, it is a very grey area/line, because of all the post we sometimes do, but the effect doesn't look quite natural, cool, but not 'normal'

The large leaf in the LLC is a bit distracting, and toning it down would help for me.

Thanks!

Randy

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi suzan, really nice pose but i find the large leaf in the LLC a bit to distracting and competing with the Snail Kite for my attention.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Susan,
    I'm not totally convinced by the BG either - the area in front of the bird doesn't look quite right. Such a pretty bird though and a great pose.
    Best,
    Nicki

Judy Lynn Malloch

Susan I love the open wings in this image and what a thrill it must have been to see the baby. Many thanks for shring. I am not familiar with Topaz simplify so will not comment.