Thread: Monarch on coneflower

joel quenneville

Default Monarch on coneflower

Attached Images Attached Images

This photo was created after several fruitless atempts to photograph this butterfly while combining a good pose and a pleasing background. All the previous images had distracting elements in the background. Finally, it landed on this flower and let me get quite close to take the shot. I used a large aperture to create the diffused BG.

EXIF
    1/400 sec
    f/5.6
    ISO 400
    Nikon D200
    Nikkor 18-200VR @ 200mm

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely colors and subject. Looks a bit noisy (as expected with that camera). I would crop the lower 1/3 of the flower and sharpen the whole J-PEG a bit more. lal, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The colors and subject are wonderful and agree with Artie on the sharpening....

Alfred Forns

Glad your efforts paid off !!!!! For sharpening you might want to select the bfly only You don't want sharpening noise !!!