Thread: Tawny Eagle

John Harper

Default Tawny Eagle

Hi There

Well its Saturday so it must be time for my weekly pilgrimage to the Hawk Conservancy Trust, to worship at the shrine of Canon and Birds in flight!.

The weather was more the typical British winter of cloudy dull and windy but i came back with some shots i was happy with in spite of the conditions. I will post a selection over the next few days but start with "Frodo" the Tawny Eagle about to pounce on his lunch.

John

EOS1DMKIII
    EF 500mm F4
    ISO 1250
    1/1600 @ F4

Axel Hildebrandt

Great pose and details. I find the 'bracelets' a bit distracting and might give it a bit more room at the top.

Bev Barker

I like the framing of the body, the detail is superb, but have to agree with just a tad more room at the top may be better.
    None the less a great piece of timing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

John
    I have to admit....the images you post each weekend are like waiting for the next episode of a good adventure show. I agree with more room at the top. Oh he was close. I'm noticing some noise on the underneath right wing. ISO 1250 and the 1DMkIII really do an excellent job.

Jeff Nadler

The ISO is a great feature but in this case, has introduced quite abit of noise in the wings and background. Noise reduction would be helpful. A great composition for sure so very worthy of removing the noise.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the tight composition,great timing!